Friday, September 2, 2011

It's Been Too Long

I can't believe I haven't posted here since the beginning of August.  Here it is, Labour Day Weekend.  Summer's over!  Arrrgh!!!!  Actually, the best part of summer is now, in my opinion.  September is a great time to travel because there's no one around and the kids are all back in school.  The days are still warm and the humidity is gone.  It's also a time for starting over.  Judaism marks September as the start of the new year.  I think they got it right.  It's always felt that way to me.  Maybe it had something with starting back to school.  In any case, I'm trying hard to be optimistic.  So many things have changed in the past month that I need to figure out a way to fit the pieces all together.

I shelved the idea of becoming a personal trainer, at least for now.  Going over the course material for the nutrition part of the course felt too much like trying to date an ex-boyfriend.  Been there, done that, don't love you anymore.  I don't believe I know enough about fitness to teach it to someone else.  I could be wrong but I'd rather just assume the cheerleader role.  I still don't know what I want to be when I grow up.

I've been working sporadically on my fitness but haven't given it as much dedication as I should.  Miraculously, despite a lack of consistency, I find when I do give it my all I get great results.  I ran stairs today and did them really well but I am averaging only two boot camp work-outs per week lately instead of three and not even getting any extra runs in on my own time.  My weight has stayed the same, however, so I guess I've learned a thing or two in the past five years of reaching this state of grace.

Meanwhile, there's my wonderful puppy who continues to astound me with her affection, loyalty, brains and obstinacy.  Life with Lily is a lesson in something new every day.  We learn from each other.  Dogs start over every day because everything is always new for them.  While I continue to reinvent myself I need to remember that we all need to move on.  Some of us need to move faster.

No comments:

Post a Comment